Sunday, December 17, 2006

Days 28 thru 30

I've been hitting and hitting, things are getting better, things are getting worse LOL! I met my Dad's spirit yesterday in this senior Boriqua yesterday in the name of Andreas(sp), he had me running all over the court like my Dad used to run me! Dinks, slices, cuts, topspin and the occasional flat hard shot as well as high shots. He's a cool guy, I am going to hit with him so I get to lose weight LIKE HE TOLD ME I NEED TO! God bless this brother, he said I had Puerto Rico written all over my face ;).
I added lead tape to my racquet, this stuff works very well! Within reason of course. I was pretty arm weary and kind of flat today, I should have taken a recovery day. I did hit some nice serves and good ground strokes. More good news is that I am able to jog again with good form and endurance. What baffles me is that I can cycle for 46 miles @ approx 20mph average speed on a non windy day and feel great. Make me jog a half a mile and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack! My heart rate was 185 per minute and still I felt like I was going to die! I haven't played good competitive handball in about 2.5 years but I remember jogging 7 miles to Walmart to buy a new bicycle on Long Island when I was playing handball. To make a long story short I introduced jump rope to my workouts. I jogged a total of 1.5 miles with my dogs, in good form. That translates to me incorporating more footwork drill into my training, as well as "road fun" (instead of "road work") nothing is better than knowing that you can carry your own weight!

No comments: