Saturday, December 2, 2006

My Seventh Day

I am hitting a little bit more consistently and with good power. People are amazed when I tell them i haven't played tennis in about 13 years. I know originally I said 20 years but I was a little bit off because I remembered playing tennis with my dad after I got out of the Army for about a year or so before emphysema got the best of my father and he couldn't play. So that would be close to about 18 or 19 years since I played seriously. I know I have picked up the racquet sporadically as recently as 1993, but by then tennis was not in the picture, it was all handball and martial arts(which I have also studied since I was 8 or so).
Back to the tennis, I got to play on the court with an actual person and boy it felt great! We were having excellent rallies and hitting some hard shots, he was surprised when I told him about my time off of playing tennis, he said it looked like I have been playing for a long time. It was great to see my instincts take over, this is the way any sport should be played, when you have good basics and lot's of repetition.

No comments: