Saturday, December 2, 2006

My First Day

My first day back was a mixture of happiness and frustration. The happiness I had was that I wasn't doing so bad, the frustration came from making amateur mistakes that I know are wrong mentally, but couldn't do consistentantly on the physical level at the time.I have always had a power/finesse punch court game similiar to Andre' Agassi (on his worse day and a broken arm), this translated to my handball play as well and actually handball has bought it out more. I love angles and down the line shots, my approach shots tend to be winners, as i am not a "serve and volleyer". Also part of my arsenal would be passing shots and offensive lobs. In sports like handball, paddleball, squash and racquet ball many or most of your "winners" and clutch shots tend to be rollers and down on the wall, in tennis that equals the net! This is the major adjustment I have to make. One note I must make is, as of this writing I am on day 12 of hitting against the handball wall.

No comments: