Saturday, December 2, 2006

Hello

This blog is going to be my journal about regaining skills that I almost squandered away with time. It has been a good 20 years since I played tennis seriously. My Father was the real tennis great in our family. He could have and should have been a professional tennis player. Since I was 5 I had a racquet in my hand. We didn't have "junior racquets" back then , so my dad just sawed off the shaft a little bit on an old racquet and then grip taped it and "voila!" I had a junior racquet.
To make a long story short, I was rebellious, hard headed, not focused, and in some respects, let my Father down with regard to tennis. He had aspirations of greatness for me. I was sent to tennis camps(Welby Van Horn's in Connecticut) and clinics and pros, high school,the Army, and college. I have a wealth of tennis knowledge which I am going to and want to share with people. Welcome to my blog and personal journey to redeem myself in this sport. Thank God I am only 40 and in fairly good shape. I have not been that far away from tennis, I always watched it and I have been playing other ball sports like Handball, racquetball, paddle ball, squash and some tennis. I have always been a dominant force in NYC in regard to handball. Ironically what led me astray from Tennis was handball because most of my friend's back home played Handball. Now what bought me back to Tennis is that I can beat all 11 handball player's here in Va Beach, and more people play Tennis down here and not handball! I've been down here for over four years and have done thousands of mile of cycling, now I am looking forward to my old love..........Tennis.

No comments: